Monday, March 1, 2010

Homemade Beef Cheese and Bean Burritto



I made these yummy beef, bean and cheese burritos from scratch and they were so good.

To start with you will need to make this taco seasoning recipe:

* 1 tbs chili powder
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder or granulated
* 1/4 tsp onion powder
* 1/4 tsp cayenne
* 1/4 tsp dried oregano
* 1/2 tsp paprika
* 2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp course salt
I make big quantities of this and keep in a jar.

Now make the tortillas from my earlier post on breakfast burritos. The recipe makes about ten tortillas.

Now for the mix for the inside:

I cooked two cups of pinto beans with water and polish sausage along with one tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper for about 5 to 6 hours or until beans are tender.

Brown 1 lb. ground beef with chopped onion, I used about a 1/2 of a medium onion. Drain ground beef and add 2 cups of the cooked pinto beans with 4 tbs of the taco mix and one pint of tomatoes. Cook until mixture thickens. Let cool.

ready your tortilla for filling. Place 1/2 slice of pepper jack cheese, a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese, and a spoonful of the beef and bean mixture, another pinch of the cheddar cheese and a spoonful of the mixture, continue until burrito is full and wrap in plastic wrap.

Now you can freeze them and take out as many as you need for later use.

I made some tonight. Put them in a oven pan and smothered them in a tomato basil sauce I had made last summer, along with more shredded cheese on top. I cooked in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. They were just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment