Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pizza Hut Clone Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes

I just made this today tweaked from several recipes I had found online and it is so good and I believe (anyway as far as my taste buds) it is the closest you will ever get to Pizza Hut pizza sauce.

Boil tomatoes for a minute or so and then plunge in cold water to remove skins.

Core, slice in half and remove as many seeds as you can.

For every 1 quart of tomatoes in pan add:
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1 bay leaf

Bring mixture to a boil and then high simmer for one hour.

Let mixture cool some and place in blender and liquefy.

Back to pan and add per quart of tomatoes originally used add:
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp marjoram


bring back to boil and then to low simmer until desired thickness is achieved. Remove bay leaf.

One quart of tomatoes ended up as about 12 oz. of pizza sauce, enough for one pizza dough if you like it thick like I do.

HMMM --- enjoy.

I used an empty sauce jar to store in freezer:

No comments:

Post a Comment