Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Recipe for Jalapeno Poppers

I have had a prolific abundance of jalapeno peppers and after pickling more then enough for my needs until next gardening season, I decided to make and freeze jalapeno poppers. Here is my recipe:

Wash and separate small from large. Small peppers cut off tops and using a paring knife scraping around insides get out veins and seeds. Large ones cut off top, cut in half and scrape out veins and seeds.

Use whatever cheese you like. My last poppers I used a jar of pimento cheese, the same amount of cream cheese and a handful of shredded colby. Mix together and put cheese in whole small jalapeno and large halves.

in a bowl mix and beat together an egg and about a tbs of milk. Dip pepper in mixture and then flour. Set aside to dry for about 15 minutes.

Coat with egg mixture again and then into fine bread crumbs (I use stale bread set out for about a day then blended and into the freezer.) Into flour again and
set aside again to dry for about 15 minutes.

Repeat one more time and place on a plate and freeze.

When nice and frozen place in freezer bags for later use.

When you want to fix some, heat oil to 365 and fry until golden brown. Drain and enjoy!!


Halfway there:



Ready to Freeze:

No comments:

Post a Comment